Structure and general properties of Urea-formaldehyde.Properties of urea-formaldehyde is given in detailed.
The structure of Pre-Condensate is a short-chain molecule combined with CH2 bridges. the cheaper grades are sometimes lower in weight cost than the general purpose. It has a wide color range.
- They do not impart taste and order to the foodstuff and beverages with which they come in contact.
- Good electrical insulation properties with particularly good resistance of tracking.
- Resistance to continuous heat up to a temperature of 70°C.
Urea-formaldehyde Physical properties.
- This is the hardest of all plastic materials.
- Has a hardness of M-110 to 120.
- Although they are brittle at normal temperature urea formaldehyde compound exhibit a very high modulus of elasticity.
- It has a continuous service temperature of 77°C.
- Heat deformation temperature under load 1.8Mpa is 130°C.
- Urea-formaldehyde resin is transparent. Colour possibilities are unlimited.
Urea-formaldehyde Chemical properties.
Resistance to Chemicals
- Urea-formaldehyde resins are resistant to the solvents, oils, fats weak acid and alkalines.
- They are not resistant to strong acid and alkaline solutions, boiling water, oxidizing and reducing agents.
- On immersion in coldwater urea-formaldehyde mouldings absorb more water than melamine formaldehyde.
- Wood flour filled urea-formaldehyde compounds have less weathering effects than cellulose filled compound.
Resistance to high energy radiation
- Radiation resistance of Urea-formaldehyde resin is high.
- In the case of mouldings compounds, the nature of reinforcing materials is the deciding factor.
- Urea-formaldehyde molded materials burn with a yellow frame and are self-extinguishing.
- The commercial products have a choking smell of amines (fishy) and formaldehyde.
- An only special grade of Urea-formaldehyde is permitted for contact with food.
FAQ About urea-formaldehyde
What are the advantages of the urea-formaldehyde?
Urea-formaldehyde has many advantages such as low-cost material, ease of use in a wide variety of curing conditions, low cure temperature required, water-solubility, resistance to abrasion, excellent thermal conductivity, etc are the advantages of the urea-formaldehyde.
What does urea-formaldehyde smell like?
First of all i would like to tell you that urea-formaldehyde is colorless chemical and it has pickle like odor. and one more thing about this is that it can become gas at room temperature.
What is full form of UF?
UF full form is urea-formaldehyde.
I hope you enjoyed reading detailed urea formaldehyde physical and chemical properties guide article. Now your turn to tell us how much liked this article through a comment.