Skip to content
Phenol-formaldehyde general properties structure.
- Most phenol-formaldehyde compounds are based on Novolac.
- Novolaks lead tp quick formulation those based on xylenol have a higher resistance to alkali.
- Novalac hardens after addition of hexamethylenetetramine.
- Resols are used for special purpose example Ammonia free moulding.
- Phenol/cresol mixtures are more expensive and are therefore hardly ever used.
- The high degree of cross-linking of phenolic moulding compounds and the addition of reinforcement and the addition of hexamethylenetetramine.
- high strength, stiffness and hardness.
- Low tendency to Creep.
- High toughness and low-temperature toughness. (depends on reinforcement)
- Good heat distortion capacity.
- Low coefficient of linear expansion.
- High resistance to in condense.
- High resistance to organic solvents, neutral Chemicals, weak acid and alkaline solution.
- Not resistant to strong acid and alkaline liquors.
- Resistant to crack formation.
- Low flammability
- Only able to be produced in the Dark colours.
- Characteristics smell not permitted for contact with food.
error: Content is protected !!